Jumpstart your metabolism and kick off those extra fats with this weight loss soup. It is extremely nutritious and there is no compromise on taste.
In this recipe, I have used sprouted chickpeas and colorful vegetables. Sprouts are boon for diet conscious people around the globe. They contain fewer calories compared to other snacks and are excellent sources of vitamin K, C, fiber, and other essential minerals. Consuming sprouts will increase the digestion power which further helps in flushing out the impurities.
Let's get started.
- 1 cup sprouted chickpea (chana)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 1 cup Spinach finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Black pepper as per taste
- Salt to taste
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- large handful coriander or parsley and flatbread or pita chips to serve.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies, then fry the onion, celery, and carrots gently for 10 mins until slightly softened. Make sure the veggies do not loose their crunch, stir frequently. Tip in the cumin and black pepper and fry for another min.
- Turn up the heat to medium, then add tomatoes and chickpeas. Cover the vessel and simmer for 20 mins. Throw in the spinach and let it cook for a minute. Add lemon juice. Season to taste, then top with a sprinkling of lemon zest and chopped herbs.Serve with flatbread or pita chips.
Do give this recipe a try and share your feedback.