Hello, everyone. It's been a long time I have not posted recipes. Just busy with settling down in a new city. A lot of things going around. But now I am all set to get back and give time to my blog. I hope all of you are doing great and experimenting in your kitchens.
Today's recipe is Vegetable pulao. It is such aversatile dish. You can create your own variation. Add an assortment of vegetables, spices and 99.9 % it comes out great and delicious. I always make pulao adding lots of vegetables. This is the first time I added beetroot and it came out so yummy.
I hope you will try this recipe. Do share your feedback.
- 1 1/2 cups rice ( I have used sona masoori raw rice, You can use basmati rice also)
- 1 medium size tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium sized onion cut into thin slices
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped into cubes
- 1 carrot chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 medium size beetroot chopped into bite size pieces
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger grated
- 1 green chilly chopped or sliced
- chopped fresh corrainder/ cilantro
- biryani masala ( I used Aanchi but you can use any other also)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Oil for cooking
- Water 2 1/2 cup water
- Rinse the rice with water and soak them for 1/2 an hour. Drain and keep them aside.
- Now add oil in pressure cooker. I used 3 tablespoon rice bran oil. You can add more or less as per your liking.
- Once the oil heats up add mustard seeds. Let it crack and then add cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves + ginger + green chillies. Saute them on low-medium flame for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add sliced onions and saute till they become golden brown.
- Add beetroot and carrot. Cook them for a minute . At this point, you can add salt. This will cook the veggies faster.
- At last add tomatoes and green peppers and saute them on a low flame for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add drained rice and biryani masala. Saute gently on a low flame for a minute.
- Add water and pressure cook the vegetable pulao for 2 to 3 whistles on a medium high flame. If you wane a softer texture go for 3 whistles. I like my pulao khila khila so I choose 2 whistles.
- When the pressure comes out remove the lid and gently fluff the rice. Garnish with fresh corrainder.
- Serve hot with kadhi or raita. Accompany with pappad.
Give this one a try and share your feedback. I will be back soon with another recipe. till then happy cooking.