Sharing with you AYURVEDIC DETOX WATER . I prepare a big batch of this every morning. Have it in between meals, 1 hour after meals as well as last water intake before bedtime. It helps in flushing out toxins , aids in digestion, elevates my energy levels as well as my mood. Not just this it also keeps my acne under control and skin in good shape.On top of everything, it is a feel good factor for me as I no more crave for unhealthy sodas or sugary drinks :-) :-)
Do give this one a try and share your feedback.
- 1 liter water
- 1 pinch red chilli powder / cayenne
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 2 Tbs. Jaggery ( you can skip this totally or adjust it to your taste)
- 1 to 2 tsp. rock salt or black salt
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- Bring water to a boil. Once it comes to a boil switch off the flame add ginger and cover the pot with a plate. Let it steep.
- Take the pot off the burner and let it cool
- Add the juice of a lemon. jaggery, red chilli powder or cayenne and black salt. Do not boil the lime juice.
- Pour into a thermos and enjoy throughout the day.
- I prefer my drink luke warm, so once it reaches this temperature I add the lemon juice and other ingredients and transfer it into a thermos.
- You can cool it completely and then transfer into a bottle. Chill it in the fridge and enjoy it all day long. Your choice. Although as per ayurvedic principles it is better to have water at room temperature or a little bit on the warmer side.
- You can strain the water before storing it to remove the ginger. I leave it like this as I don't mind biting the pieces of ginger :-)