Who does not love a bowl of salad especially when it's getting hot? Your body start craving for cool stuff when summer heat start soaring. Although it is too early to call it is Summer timeeee but in California, it is getting hot.
Last week I was on the cruise. Unfortunately, I had a hard time coping up with the food which was served. There were many options still for some reason I just did not fall for anything. All I wanted was a healthy bowl of salad with a spicy tangy dressing . So the first thing I did when I came back was made a bowl of salad loaded with veggies, my favourite quinoa and one of my most adored sriracha dressing.
I am sure you will be loving this salad a lot. It is crunchy, savory, filling, super healthy and it will sure satisfy your taste buds. Bonus it is fast and easy to make. So no excuse for sure.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (Substititute with Brown Rice)
- 1 can of black beans (approx 11/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet corns
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 avacado diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce ( Substitute Red Chilli sauce)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (Substitute: 2 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- For sweetness add 2 teaspoon maple syrup (totally optional)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Cook 1/3 cup quinoa as per the instructions on the package. Once cooked let it cool down.
- Add quinoa and toss all the veggies and beans together in a large bowl.
- For dressing whisk the ingredients in a small bowl. Toss it with the salad.
- Refrigerate the salad for an hour.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or on its own. Both ways it is delicious.