For the most part of my life, every day was a "BAD HAIR" day for me. I never loved my curly wavy hair. I always wanted my hair to be straight shiny and smooth. To achieve the hair look which was perfect in my eyes, I tried permanent straightening, smoothening, flat irons, blow dryers. Unfortunately nothing worked for the long term. In the end, I was left with cranky, dull, dry and gray hair which was falling.
But now I am finally embracing what I have been given. I am trying all sorts of hair care routines to give my hair lustrous shine and smoothness without invading it with chemicals and heat.
This hair mask is deep moisturizing and detoxifying treatment which will leave your hair super soft, shiny and squeaky clean.
This mask has 3 ingredients all known for improving hair health. Let's analyze the benefits of each ingredient:
AMLA (Indian Gooseberry): In Ayurveda ( Indian Healing Science) Amla is a staple herb used for treating many diseases and it is beneficial for hair, skin and overall health.
- Aids in hair growth
- Stops premature graying of hair
- Strengthen hair roots
- Add shine and make hair bouncy
- Treat dandruff
COCONUT MILK: It is considered one of the best natural solutions for many hair problems.
- Moisturizes the hair
- Prevents frizziness
- Treat dry and damaged hair
- Prevent split ends and tangling
- Naturally conditions the hair
EUCALYPTUS OIL: The use of this oil is particularly beneficial for those with dry damaged scalp as well as for those dealing with baldness or hair loss. It all adds a soothing scent to this hair mask.
- Relief Itchy Scalp
- Promotes hair growth
- Treats dandruff
- Add shine to hair
- Antifungal (can help ward off infection)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE HAIR MASK
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon amla powder
- 3 to 5 drops eucalyptus oil (optional)
Mix everything together and using a brush or cotton start applying the mask on the scalp (concentrating on roots) as well as the remaining hair.Gently massage in the mixture using light circular motion with the fingertips. Tie up the hair and secure it with a clutch.Cover your hair with a shower cap to prevent the paste from drying out. Let this paste sit for an hour or 2. Rinse with lukewarm or room temperature water. Shampoo and condition.
Use this mask once a week.
- If you have oily hair you can add 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup water.
- check for sensitivity or allergies with any of the above ingredients, especially eucalyptus oil.
- You might have to shampoo twice to remove the mask completely from hair. I usually wash only once and let the moisture soak in for a day or two and wash again.
- Adjust the quantities as per the thickness and length of your hair.
- Use full fat coconut milk to get the full moisturizing benefits.