Is there anyone who does not love freshly air-popped popcorn?????
I have tried the stove method of popping popcorn. It works well, but the microwave version is so easy, so cheap and soo delicious. Sometimes with the gas stove method I have burnt the popcorn but this one is a full proof method to have air popped popcorn with no mess. Also, the homemade popcorns are better than store bought ones which contain nasty chemicals which are not good for your health.
And yes the air popped popcorns make a wonderful healthy snack with just 31 calories in one cup. The best part is you can customize the seasoning as per your taste and preference. So if you are calorie conscious add less butter or opt for healthy oils like coconut oil or olive oil. For seasoning again add less salt or more as per your taste buds. And you can go crazy and play around with n number of flavorings, add caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, mint, sriracha .....I mean just what so ever you feel like having, it can be customized. But for all this you need a fresh batch of air popped popcorn.
Let's get started..............
HOMEMADE MICROWAVE POPCORNS
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- Brown paper lunch bag
- For seasoning Butter, dried parsley, dried garlic, dried chili flakes (that's what I choose to flavor my popcorns)
- Empty 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in the brown paper bag. Fold the bag tight 3 to 4 times. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes ( the timing depends upon your respective microwave). In my case it took around 2 minutes. So you can start with 1 minute and 75 seconds and then work your way up. Once the popping sound stops it is done.
- In a large bowl transfer the popcorns.
- Now in a small bowl take butter,as less or more as you want, add chili flakes, parsley and garlic powder. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Now top the popcorns with this awesome seasoning and toss everything together and that's it.Enjoy munching it with your favorite movie... :-)
- Preferably look for NonGmo organic popcorn kernels
- You can add the seasoning before microwaving the kernels too. In that case just add the oil or butter and seasoning and shake well and then microwave it.
- Adjust the flavoring as per your taste.
- You can definitely reuse the bag.
- Also in case if some kernels don't pop.Microwave them again, so nothing goes waste.
|Have it with Seasoning...this one is for hubby :-)|
|Me having with no butter ...:-)|