Eating a salad a day is one of the best ways to work veggies into your diet. Let's be real "Salads sounds boring ". But no more my dear friends.This creamy macaroni salad is loaded with veggies and have one of my favorite salad dressing.
This salad has Less Macaroni and more veggies. It is creamy but light on the tummy.The salad dressing is delectable yet it is a healthy version of classic macaroni salad dressing. For extra crunch, I have added red bell pepper and fresh crisp lettuce.
So let's make macaroni salad (healthy version)
- 1 cup elbow macaroni(I have used the brown rice version)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup grated carrot (I used baby carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 whole green onions sliced
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce
For Salad Dressing:
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (optional) If you want to skip it ,add 1/2 cup greek yogurt instead.
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard or regular mustard sauce (I like dijon more)
- Red chili sauce or Sriracha sauce Approx 1 tablespoon (add more or less as per your taste)
- Salt and pepper as per taste.
- 1 tablespoon honey
|Favourite salad dressing main ingredients|
|Load up your salad with your favorite veggies :-)|
- Cook macaroni as per package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together greek yogurt, whipping cream, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Now in a large bowl mix together the veggies and macaroni.
- Start pouring the salad dressing and combine everything well.
- Cover the bowl with a food wrap and chill for at least 2 - 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish the salad with chopped green onion.
STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES:
|In a bowl whisk together greek yogurt, whipping cream, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.|
|In a large bowl mix together the veggies and macaroni.|
|Start pouring the salad dressing and combine everything well|
|Cover the bowl with a food wrap and chill for at least 2 - 4 hours before serving.|
Adjust the seasoning and macaroni veggie ratio as per your taste. I have added a lot of veggies as I make this salad quite often and like it this way. But if you want to add less veggies you can.
Also if you want to skip whipping cream altogether feel free to do so. Increase the amount of greek yogurt.