Hey, my beautiful friends I am back again with this out of the world versatile exfoliating scrub/face mask which would completely change the feel, look and texture of your skin only in few applications.
We all know Oatmeal is a popular breakfast cereal. But guess what it is an absolutely stunning skin cleanser too. It gently cleanses and exfoliate the skin. It is non-toxic unlike the store bought cleansers which have hell lot of chemicals added to it. It soothes and calm down the skin inflammation. So if your skin is suffering from acne consider oatmeal for your beauty routine to calm down the skin inflammation caused by breakouts.It is especially good for the dry and sensitive skin as it is moisturizing and mild in nature. Oats are also rich in antioxidants, so prevent the skin from free radical damage.
The other two ingredients I am using in this beauty DIY are rose water and glycerine. Both of them have used since ages in India. Both ingredients are extremely moisturizing and soothing for the skin.
No matter what your skin type is these three natural ingredients can bring you a handful of goodness.
BENEFITS OF THIS DIY:
- Soothes Dry Itchy skin
- Calms down inflammation
- Fight against free radicals
- Will help in clearing up the pigmentation
- Hydtares the skin
- Reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Attracts moisture and protect the skin from drying out.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Rose water
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon glycerine or raw honey
HOW TO MAKE THE MASK
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
HOW TO USE IT
- If using it as a cleanser, place a small amount in your palm and gently massage into your skin. Rinse well with tepid water and pat dry. Follow with a toner, moisturiser and SPF if it is a daytime.
- If using as Mask. Wash your face with a cleanser, you can use the same oatmeal cleanser. Wash and pat dry. Then apply a thick layer of the oatmeal paste. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with tepid water and pat dry. Follow with a toner, moisturiser and SPF if it is a daytime. If it is night time just apply toner and moisturizer.
- Use the Regular Oats (not the quick cooking oats) as they work best when making beauty products.
- I have used the homemade rose water made with dried rose petals. Let me know if you want me to do a DIY on that :-)
Have a beautiful healthy skin :-)