These homemade tacos are perfect for days when you want something fancy on your plate but don't wanna spend much time in the kitchen. So friends this recipe takes no more than 30 minutes from start to finish. It will provide you with a good serving of protein and veggies and last but not the least will definitely satisfy your taste buds.
It calls for assembling a few simple ingredients. So let's get rolling.
MEXICAN TACO RECIPE
- 1 can of black beans.
- Store bought corn tortillas. I got mine from the farmers market.
- 1 cup boiled corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- 1 green jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Sour cream for topping ( Add as per your taste)
- Tomato ketchup for topping (Add as per your taste)
- Finely chopped lettuce for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon dry garlic powder (you can use fresh crushed garlic instead)
- Salt to taste
(NOTE: Seasoning can be adjusted as per your taste, so feel free)
- Drain the beans.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is warm add beans, tomatoes, corn, jalapeno, seasoning and mix well.Add 1 or 2 tablespoon water, so that it does not get dry. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Cover the vessel for 2 - 3 minutes. Your bean stuffing is ready.
- To prepare tortillas, warm them on both sides over the gas flame. Hold the tortillas over the flame, turning it several times just until warm. ( I used the same wire rack on which we make chapatti)
- Now the fun part begin. Spread the bean stuffing on the tortilla. Top it with some sour cream, tomato sauce and some lettuce.
YUMMMM....YUMM!!!!!! It is impossible to not love the TACO NIGHT :-)