The growing concern about the chemicals in food products has made us read labels before buying stuff from groceries.
But what about the beauty products which we are smearing all over our skin???
Did we ever try to decipher the chemicals mentioned on the ingredient list of the products we use daily???
Are we aware of the hidden toxins in it? ??
Rather than feeding my skin ( the largest organ of the body) with unfamiliar unrecognized toxic chemicals I prefer switching to natural alternatives. Beauty solutions which can save us from heaps of unwanted chemicals and also satisfies the cost conscious trait of every woman.
Today's DIY is one of my favorite masks. Whenever my skin looks dull and dehydrated I just mix these 3 magical ingredients Turmeric, Honey and Yogurt. This mask gives me instant glow the next morning and I feel good about my skin.
TURMERIC: It is one of the richest herbs in Antioxidants. The orange color of turmeric comes from the curcumin a powerful antioxidant which can penetrate deep inside the cells and prevent free radical damage. Some if the top benefits it offers to skin are:
- Clears Acne scars and Pigmentation
- Regulates the production of Sebum (Oil), good for oily skin
- Effective in reducing the signs of Aging
HONEY: It is used as a skin beautifier since ages. It has many skin saving properties which make it a hot ingredient in many DIY skin preparations.
- Contains Anti-Inflammatory properties
- Hydrate and Rejuvenate the skin
- Nourishes and soothes the skin
- Natural Cleanser
YOGURT: It is as we all know a Wonder Food, not only for health but also for beauty. It is rich in two components Lactic Acid and Zinc which make it a skin-friendly ingredient.
- Hydrate the skin.
- Natural Skin Brightener
- Gently exfoliates the skin
- Soothes Sunburns
- Reduce appearance of Blemishes
HOW TO USE IT:
- Mix one teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon yogurt,1/4 teaspoon turmeric.
- I like using this mask at least once a week and also on days when I want to pamper my skin and want an instant glow.
- Always apply the mask on clean skin.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. If your skin is very dry and dehydrated your will see your thirsty skin drinking this stuff.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water. At last splash your face with cold water to close down the pores.
- Tone and moisturize your skin
- I prefer using this mask at night. Due to turmeric your face will turn pale. But do not worry, next morning wash your face with face wash.
- Buy RAW honey preferably Unfiltered and not regular honey. This is because the nutrients, vitamins and enzymes are intact in raw honey as opposed to regular honey.
- Avoid the eyebrow area when applying mask as regular use of honey tends to lighten the hair color.
- As recommended using any natural remedy its always better to have a small patch test 24 hour before its application on face.
The list of natural alternatives for beauty care is endless. One step at a time will help us in detoxifying our beauty cabinet. For today try out this mask and feel the difference in your skin. I am sure the next time you will be searching your local farmers market for Raw honey :-).