This recipe came as a surprise. My kitchen pantry is always stocked up with stuff, and when it comes to bhel which is my favourite all time go to snack I always make sure I have everything to make it. Unfortunately last night I was missing the main stuff without which it could not taste like bhel, the Imli (Tamarind) Chutney.So blessing in disguise it gave birth to a new recipe MEXICAN BHEL. We all have heard of Chinese Bhel and today it is my turn to present you yet another experiment with our very favourite Bhel Puri.
Just a few different condiments and addition of capsicum is what this recipe calls for. So let's get started.
- 4-5 cups of Murmure (Puffed Rice). I just eyeballed it.
- 1 cup finely chopped Red Onion
- 1 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped Capsicum
- 1 Green Chili finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder ( Bhuna Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Sauce (Sriracha Sauce) (adjust to taste)
- Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Bhujiya
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped Dhaniya
- Salt only if required
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Avocado Sliced (optional)
- Roast the murmure on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Let it cool.
- Now in a big bowl add murmure, bhujiya, vegetables, chili sauce, ketchup, roasted jeera powder,garlic powder and lemon juice. Toss everything well
- Garnish with some bhujiya and Cilantro.
- Serve immediately else it will get soggy. Enjoy!!!
|I like roasting murmure. Some people use it straight from the packet. But roasting make a huge difference so give it a try.|