It is summer time. Lots of mangoes and lots of great ideas floating around on how to make scrumptious cakes, drinks, shakes, ice creams and much more using this beautiful bold colored yellow fruit Mango which have an outstanding taste. The best part of this fruit is whatever you make with them, be assured it will taste awesomely delicious.
I still remember the time when during our summer vacations every evening me with my colony friends keep an eye on the road. We use to desperately wait for the ice cream man.He was like a Santa Clause for us. We make sure we have 5Rs. in hand. When kids had a craze for Cornetto, I rather always stuck with Mango Duet. It is, It was and It will be my favorite. No other ice cream flavor replaced the contentment which I experience after having the mangolicious mango duet.
This recipe is DAMN easy. No Churning, No standing by the stove. Just mix and pour. I have tried two versions. One which I tried was to make the replica of traditional mango duet. The other one is with a twist as I added yogurt to give it a tangy flavor. Both taste equally awesome. Today I am sharing the one with Yogurt.
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt ( plain yogurt is fine too)
- 2 tablespoon Honey ( you can use white sugar also )
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Mango puree ( I just blend the fresh mangoes and made a puree)
- In a blender throw a cup of fresh or mangoes and make a puree. Keep it aside
- In a separate bowl mix properly whipping cream, yogurt, honey and vanilla.
- Now the fun part begins start layering. Pour a layer of mango puree, then the prepared cream, continue till the ice cream mold fills up.
- Freeze the ice cream for 4-6 hour. This is the only difficult part of this recipe, its WAITING time ;-)
- Once they are freeze remove them from the ice cream mold and Enjoy. If having difficulty removing the ice cream, just leave them in a half-filled glass of lukewarm water for a minute. They will come out easily :-). I know they are difficult to resist.
- You can skip adding yogurt if you don't want the tangy flavor. In that case take 1 cup whipping cream instead and do the same as described above :-)
- To make it real soft and creamy the next time I would whip uo the cream rather than just mixing it with a whisk. So feel free to whip up the cream if you wish :-)