These french fries are not deep fried, neither they have any corn starch on it. It is one of the simplest recipes, but the resultant dish is outstanding. It is although important to keep in mind few things so that you can achieve the same crunchiness as restaurant-style fries have.
These are oven roasted fries and you can try adding your favourite seasonings to it. I added the simplest ingredients so that you can try this for your dinner tonite or lunch tomorrow.
Enjoy these fries with your favourite condiment. For me, ketchup is the Best.
Let's get started:
- 2 Large Potatoes ( I have used 1 Russet potatoes and other white potato, but you can use any. I have tried the same recipe with white and red potatoes too)
- Oil for tossing (I used 1 tablespoon oil, you can use less Oil just enough to coat the potatoes, )
- 2 teaspoon Dry Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dry Parsley ( you can use Oregano also)
- 4 Garlic cloves (No need to peel the )
STEP BY STEP THROUGH PICTURES
|Cut the Potatoes in wedges. Soak them in water for 15 minutes|
|Pat them dry|
|Microwave them for 4 minutes|
|I Used whole clove without peeling.|
|Season with Salt, Chili, Garlic powder and Parsley|
|Toss everything well|
|Arrange potatoes in a single layer for even roasting|
|Flip the potatoes half way to prevent burning and even roasting|
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven at 450 F (230 C). Place the lined baking sheet in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. This will help in making the fries crispy.
- Peel and cut potatoes into slices or wedges.Soak the potato slices in water for 15 minutes to remove as much starch as possible. This is an optional step but adds more crispiness.Then pat them dry.
- Place them in a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 4 minutes. Let the potatoes cool for about 3 minutes.
- Now in a bowl toss the potatoes. Add chili powder, garlic powder, whole garlic cloves, parsley, salt, and oil. Toss everything together so potatoes are well coated with the spices.
- Now arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet for even roasting.
- Pop them in the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Flip the potatoes half way to prevent burning.
- Once the fries are ready take them out of the oven and Serve hot!
- I love having these rolled in chapati with a drizzle of ketchup. How awesome is that :-)
- This recipe is versatile, feel free to add your favorite seasonings.
- Beware they are addictive ;-)