Energy drinks are becoming popular these days. Energy drinks are beverages marketed for boosting the energy levels. Some even claim to improve the mental alertness and aids weight loss. The fact is most of the energy drinks available in the market are loaded with high amounts of caffeine, sugar, and other additives which do more harm than good. High amounts of caffeine and sugar can lead to Nervousness, Irritation, Weight Gain, High Blood Pressure.
So Why not make the energy drink all by yourself, adding some REAL healthy stuff. Let see what goes in this Gorgeously Healthy Drink.
- ALMONDS: If you are crazy about your Health, Go Nuts! :-) My all time favourite are Almonds. They are tasty and nutritious. Rich in Omega 3 and Antioxidants.
- DATES: Good source of Vitamins and Minerals. The impressive levels of Iron in Dates make them perfect for people suffering from Anemia.
- CARDAMOM (Elaichi): This aromatic spice has a special place in any Indian kitchen. Consuming cardamom aids in digestion and detoxification. It also acts as an antioxidant to fight again the free radical damage.
- FENNEL SEEDS (Saunf): This flavorful and aromatic herb serves as a popular breath freshener as well as relieve the number of other ailments. It helps in treating Anemia and Indigestion.
- 3 Dates
- 6 Almonds
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- Honey or any Sweetener only if required
- 1 glass Milk or Water
- Soak almonds, cardamom, fennel seeds and dates in one cup of water overnight.
- In the morning strain and throw the water
- Now blend all the ingredients with 1 glass of milk or water, your choice.
Best time to have this drink is breakfast.Start your day right. Stay Healthy and Energetic all day long.