So excited to share this Cheesy Eggplant Pizzas. It is a Pinterest inspired recipe, the only difference is it is Vegetarian. It is easy, healthy and delicious. Love it.
|Finely Chopped Onions, Garlic and Italian Seasoning|
|Cut Eggplant into 3/4-inch slices|
|Frozen Sweet Corn boiled only for a minute|
|Used the store bought Sauce but you can use Homemade version too :-)|
- 1 large Eggplant
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil approx.
- 2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 cup Cheese your choice
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce or homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup sweet corn blanched
- 4 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce(Red Chilli Sauce)....I love spicy sauce, adjust to taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the eggplant into 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Put the eggplant pieces on the paper towel and sprinkle both sides generously with salt. Let the eggplant sit with the salt on it for about 30 minutes to draw out all the liquid.
- Turn on the oven to 375F/200C.)
- In the meantime prepare the sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute the finely chopped garlic just until it becomes fragrant. Add the diced onions and once they turn golden brown add the corn, marinara sauce, dried Italian seasoning, sriracha sauce(red chilli sauce) and let the sauce cook at a low simmer until it's thickened.
- After 30 minutes, wipe the eggplant dry with paper towels.Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.Roast the eggplant for about 20 minutes.
- After 25 minutes or when eggplant pieces are done, remove eggplant from the oven and turn oven setting to broil.
- Spread a 1 tablespoon of prepared veggie sauce on the top of each eggplant slice, top with a generous amount of cheese and sprinkle some dry oregano or Italian seasoning. Put pizzas under the broiler until the cheese is melted and slightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
- If you want your Eggplant to be crispy, at the time when you put the eggplant for broiling sprinkle some bread crumbs too. One of my friends suggested this and I think it will taste awesome that way.