This recipe is really simple, super fast to make yet delicious and healthy. I have never use this vegetable before and was dicey how it will taste. To my surprise with few additions this veggie burst out with flavors. Not only it has unbelievable good taste but also has high nutrient content and the best part is it is very low in calories. Asparagus is also rich in Antioxidants, which helps in fighting against the free radical damage which is responsible for many chronic diseases like cancer and also leads to aging.Some studies claim consuming Asparagus helps diabetic patients by keeping the blood sugar under control and boost up the production of insulin (hormone that helps absorption of glucose in the body).
I now make it quite often. My favorite combo with asparagus is Garlicky Lentil Soup.
Lets make a a batch of it and Enjoy:
- A bunch of asparagus, all the tough ends removed.
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped ( I like garlic a lot :-) )
- Salt 1 teaspoon (adjust to taste)
- Black Pepper 1 1/2 tea spoon (adjust to taste)
- Extra Virgin olive oil 2 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (Optional )
- Preheat the oven at 400 F ( about 200 C)
- Line the baking sheet
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once done Squeeze the lemon juice and serve.