So finally Friday came. I know most us wait for the weekend. I might sound CORNY, but I start feeling festive from Friday morning :-). Mostly on Friday nights me and my better half watch some old Rajesh Khanna movies as we both are a big fan of him. So definitely we want something to munch and that's when experimenting in the kitchen begins. So here I am with this amazing recipe Or I should rather not call it a recipe because it is basically a Combo where you just need to assemble some ingredients together and you get these delicious Sandwich bites. This fusion recipe where East meets West. I have also sneaked in some veggies in it, although on weekends I love indulging in some not so healthy stuff.The sandwich has the flavor of Bombay Chaupati and a hint of American Sauces. So let's peep in the recipe.
- White or Wheat Bread your choice.
- Veggies again your choice. I used sliced tomatoes, cucumber and kale.
- Tomato Sauce
- Mustard Sauce
- Mayonnaise or Cream cheese.
- Black pepper
- Chaat Masala
- In a small bowl, I mixed tomato ketchup and chaat masala. Quantity depends on how many sandwiches you are making. I was making two and the bread slices are large so I used about a tablespoon of ketchup for each sandwich. Chaat masala can be adjusted to taste.
- Now lay the slices of bread and start layering the sauces. I applied mustard sauce (1 tablespoon each sandwich) then I applied chaat masala tomato sauce.Top it up with kale leaves and bhujiya(Bikaneri).
- On another slice, I applied cream cheese and top it with tomato and cucumber slices. Season it will black pepper.
- Now combine both the slices and cut it into 4 pieces. Relish the healthy sandwich bites.
Do let me know in the comments below how it turn out. Feel free to share your innovations with sandwiches. I would love to try them. Thanks for stopping by :-). Enjoy!
- I made one sandwich using cream cheese and the other with mayonnaise. Both of them tasted good. So give it a to both.