Honestly, salads had never been my favorite thing. I always used to runaway from them. I remember when my mom makes the very basic salad with tomato, cucumber and onions, I was the first one to look away from it. I want the salad plate to be at one corner where its not even visible to me. I sometimes stretch my hand out for onions though ;-).
I never knew we can have so many variations in salad and salad dressings just kick up the flavors so much. Its like goodness and deliciousness served in a single platter and trust me you gonna start falling in love with salads this way. No more I run away from them rather salads have become a staple just like lentils (Dals),veggie, rice and chapattis.
Lets get started :
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, you can use canned chickpeas too.
- 2 cups chopped Kale
- 1/cup chopped Cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- Cranberries a tablespoon or more if you want :-)
FOR SALAD DRESSING
- 1/4 Extra Virgin Olive oil ( if you want to use less you can )
- 2 table spoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Blueberry Jam or Strawberry jam 2 teaspoon
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (Optional) But it helps in emulsifying the oil and vinegar.
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Combine chickpeas, kale, cucumber and onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl prepare the salad dressing. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, jam, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Whisk or blend the ingredients well.
- Gradually drizzle the dressing on the side of the salad bowl to prevent over dressing in one area. Combine well
- Garnish with cranberries and Enjoy :-)