Few weeks ago one of my friend mentioned about how she is facing problems related to ingrown hair and noticing small dark spots all over her leg. Her dermatologist suggested to avoid waxing as she says it is the cause.I always thought its because of shaving one experience such issues. But waxing always remained my safe bet. I also confirmed if she is getting the waxing done from experienced hands or not.
So finally when nothing clicked why she is facing this problem I went on searching it on my favorite place Google, which has answers to all our problems. Really it has.
Most of us experienced such problems after waxing, like small tiny hair here and there even after spending a hell lot of time in the salon, or ingrown and dark spots after wax.
Here is the solution which will help us in gearing up for the battle. Of course it is highly recommended to go to a person who is experienced and uses good quality wax. But there are few things you can do to have that perfect waxing experience you always wanted.
- The best length for waxing is generally 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch. So wait for the right time. If few tiny hairs are bothering you ,tweeze them carefully without hurting yourself.
- Exfoliate the area to be waxed using a body glove, loofah , or any any oil free scrub on the day before waxing. Exfoliation will remove any dead skin cells that may clog the hair follicle and cause ingrown hairs.
- Avoid moisturizing the skin with oily moisturizer. if you wish to hydrate the skin use oil free moisturizer.
- After wax make sure to apply apply aloevera gel or any soothing lotion to calm down the irritation or redness associated with waxing.
- Waxing is mostly traumatic for most of us especially for me I hate getting waxed. Its better you don't hit the beach and lay down in the sun after getting waxed. Also if possible avoid going for exercise. Some people easily handle the sweat after getting waxed and some people don't especially if you have sensitive skin. I avoid it. Its better to be safe than sorry.
- One last piece of advise which really made a lot of difference in my case, avoid SHAVING in between waxes. It increases the chance of getting ingrown and also you end up having thick coarse hair. Not a good idea for those who want soft supple skin.Right ladies!
I hope you follow these simple tips before your next visit to salon.